So you started a new business. You got yourself a shiny new logo and set up a few social media platforms. It’s going ok; slow, but a new business doesn’t boom over night, right?
Well, if you are relying on social to grow your business organically I’m afraid you are setting yourself up for a fall.
Have you heard the expression ‘putting all your eggs in 1 basket’? What would happen if Insta or Facebook shut down tomorrow, or you account was hacked or suspended and you completely lose the following you’d gained? You’d be stuffed, that’s what.
‘ The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow ’- Bill Gates
Once upon a time, we had a thing called Yellow Pages. If you had a business, the only real way of people finding you was to be in the directory. Fast forward a few decades and we now have the Internet. Life is fast and knowledge is at your fingertips. People in the 21st Century ‘Google’ EVERYTHING!
Top 5 reasons for investing in a website
- Today’s consumer are a little skeptical and like to research. 56% of people stated that they won’t trust a business without a website. 81% of people research a business or service online. They want to know the ins and outs of a business before making a purchase or investing in a service to the and will hunt out reviews to ensure they spend their money wisely. They may have found you via one of your social channels, but will want check out your website also.
- Having a website legitimises your business. It’s your online space where you can build trust through testimonials and showcase your experience and expertise through your portfolio and blog posts.
- Your website helps to cement your personal brand and should form part of your marketing campaign along side your social media platforms. For example, Instagram is a great place to show off your most recent work and build an engaged community of followers. When those followers then pop over to your website, you have already built that connection. They already have a pretty good idea of what to expect, meaning they are more likely to convert to clients.
- Having a website will save you time. By displaying your services, prices and FAQ’s on your website will act as a filter and reduce your admin enquiries.
- It’s not as expensive as you may think. Over time the relatively low investment of getting a business website will pay dividends by driving you new customers and building your brand. Plus, it’s a legitimate business expense and a tax write off.
So, just to sumerise, yes, your business needs a website! I offer 3 different packages depending on the needs and requirements for your business. You can view my Services page here for more information.